Users of Windows 10 occasionally express their frustration with the WerFault.exe – Application Error that arises while launching different programs.
So in this article, we would like to provide you with more detailed information on the WerFault.exe – Application Error and the best tips to fix the problem. Let’s get started!
What Is Welfault Exe Application Error?
WerFault.exe is one of several built-in Windows processes in charge of keeping your computer operating as efficiently as possible.
However, it does not directly impact a computer’s reliability and efficiency. The primary function of WerFault.exe is to gather logs and error warnings from various Windows programs and components.
It is a component of the background-running Windows Error Detection Service (WerSvc), which keeps an eye on your machine.
Therefore, Werfault.exe indicates errors to Microsoft, which assists the corporation in resolving issues and enhancing system stability in general. Werfault.exe also provides remedies that you may try to fix faults manually.
How To Fix Werfault Exe Application Error?
Reboot The Computer
Restarting your computer is the simplest possible solution to any Windows issue. All Windows programs, including werfault.exe, are terminated and restarted when your machine is rebooted. Almost all unforeseen software crashes may be fixed with this.
Perform A Virus Scan
Application files can get infected by viruses. These files may frequently get damaged and unavailable to applications. So program failures and werfault.exe errors might result from this.
Therefore, you must ensure that no risks exist on your PC. To scan your computer, follow the below instructions:
- Step 1. Press Windows Key + I.
- Step 2. Then, under the Settings panel, click on Update & Security.
- Step 3. Choose Windows Security from the left side.
- Step 4. Click Scan settings after choosing Virus & threat protection.
- Step 5. Now choose Full Scan/Quick Scan/Custom Scan to check the system.
If any corrupt files are discovered once the scan is finished, Windows will attempt to repair them. Restart your computer to see whether the error has been resolved.
One of the main reasons for werfault.exe issues is malfunctioning drivers. “Werfault.exe Application Error” is only one of several problems that can arise if drivers for necessary hardware, such as the GPU, are not functioning properly.
To update drivers, follow the below steps:
- Step 1. Press Windows Key + I to begin. Pick Update & Security from the Settings panel’s menu after it has opened.
- Step 2. Choose the View optional updates. See if there are any suggested driver updates. If yes, click Download and install the driver to finish.
Before pursuing the next course of action, verify that the problem has been fixed after upgrading the drivers and restarting your computer.
Windows employs the 3rd party application program – Welfault – to monitor faults and offer solutions. By disabling it, Microsoft cannot track down problems and create a patch. As a result, issues could persist longer than they ought to.
It is not very difficult to shut down default exe. Here is how to fix it:
- Step 1: Hit Windows Key + R, enter services.msc, and enter.
- Step 2. Once you see a list of the background services run by Windows, scroll down to find Windows Error Reporting Service.
- Step 3. Next, choose Properties from the list by right-clicking on Windows Error Reporting Service.
- Step 4. Select Disabled from the dropdown option under Startup Type by clicking on it.
- Step 5. The werfault.exe will be effectively disabled once you click Apply.
Reset Windows OS
The machine might have a fully new setup by restarting its Windows Operating System (OS). All settings are reset to their default values, and all lost files are recovered.
There is a potential that Windows will revert to the purchased version. But it can also eliminate the causes of the WerFault.exe problem on your machine. Here is how to follow:
- Step 1. Press Windows key + I to go to the Windows Settings menu.
- Step 2. On the home screen, select the Updates & Security tile.
- Step 3. When it appears, click on the Recovery tab in the left pane of the Windows Update tab.
- Step 4. Then choose to Get started from the Reset this PC section’s menu.
- Step 5. You will see two options: keeping the OS or reinstalling it. Once you choose to reset, the procedure will start immediately. It can take two hours or possibly longer to complete.
Werfault exe application error is common yet an easy-to-fix fault in most Windows 10. With one of the above methods, many Windows users have successfully repaired the case themself. But if you still struggle with the error, visit our Trustguide to gain more assistance.
Leave a Reply