51330 is an error code, which is related to the Internet network. More specifically, when the authentication procedure of the system (the Wii and the wireless access point) gets trouble, this code will pop up as a signal for code readers to realize and timely fix.
In other words, when the error code 51330 appears, the cable cannot connect to the Internet while the wiring and network address are still fine. Beside this, there are also some common culprits behind this phenomenon:
- The entry of a faulty security key, resulting in the router’s connection refusal
- Wireless console’s interference
- Defective Internet access point’s end
If you are not a code reader, you can feel quite overwhelmed by these sources of technical knowledge. But no need to panic. This post is designed to help you resolve your worry on how to fix Wii error code 51330.
Below are four suggested solutions for you to follow. Pay careful attention to our guide, and follow it strictly to reap the best outcome.
How To Fix Wii Error Code 51330
Solution 1: Power-cycle The Access Point
One of the most common culprits behind the error code 51330 is the defective router as we mentioned earlier. In this situation, the most feasible solution is to re-enable it by finding the root of this problem and power-cycling.
Here are a few straightforward steps for you to consider:
- Step 1: Disable the wireless router
- Step 2: Switch the router off by unplugging its charger
- Step 3: After 90 to 120 seconds, the router point may be completely power-cycled
- Step 4: Connect the router to its charger again.
- Step 5: Enable the router
- Step 6: Finally, you only need to activate your access point and connect your Wii to it. At this phase, you can check whether the issue is eradicated or not.
Solution 2: Adjust The Security Key Suitable For The Cable System
If this problem is mainly boiled down to a defective key, you can easily notice the code 51330 whenever you desire to use the console to browse the Internet. Here are a few tips for you to resolve:
- Step 1: Activate your computer, laptop or PC, etc.
- Step 2: Open the “Wii” Menu and you will see a button called “Wii” in the last list of the menu. Hit the button.
- Step 3: Choose the “Wii Settings” field.
- Step 4: The “System Settings” bar menu will be navigated. Afterward, you use a direction arrow in the top right corner of the interface and go to the next page.
- Step 5: Once you have got there, opt for the “Internet” node and choose the “Connection Settings” button.
- Step 6: Choose the Internet option that you are still using right now before double-clicking the “Change Settings” icon.
- Step 7: You will rely on the navigating arrow again to opt for the “Security Type” field.
- Step 8: Enter the password of your Wii’s wireless router. If the credentials’ input is correct, press the “Enter” button to finish this step.
- Step 9: Now click on the “Save” button to store your personal security data into the software. Now your console will start to validate your information via security devices and find the root of the problem.
Solution 3: Make Sure That Your Password Is Correct
Another rationale behind this issue is an inaccurate wireless network’s password when you are trying to gain access and connect to the Internet through the console cable.
If the problem is rooted in this cause, the solution is very simple. You only need to type in the correct password in the required space. By doing so, the access point can be properly activated and connect to the Wii network system.
Solution 4: Ensure That Your Router And The Wii Cable Are Compatible Together
There are two formats of the Wii’s console. For that reason, if you are using a Wii mode of format different from the networking console, the error code 51330 is likely to pop up.
The solution is also a piece of cake. You only need to explore your access point settings to determine whether the problem is induced by the divergent code format or not. Then, make a change to that format appropriate for your Wii mode cable.
When you complete this process, check whether the Internet connection is activated or not. Good luck!
The Bottom Line
Hopefully, you will find our article helpful and grasp a satisfying answer to the question: How to fix Wii error code 51330. Thank you for supporting our Trustguide team. Have a nice day!
Leave a Reply