Portainer, a Docker registry and container management platform, ships with a default login that is based on the username and password of the user’s account on Docker Hub. This article shows you how to login to Portainer using this default login.
What is Portainer?
Portainer is a container management platform that helps administrators manage and monitor containerized applications. It provides a centralized interface for managing containers, images, and volumes on both local and remote systems. Portainer also provides an extensible REST API for programmatically managing containers.
To login to Portainer, visit the Login page and enter your username and password. After logging in, you will be taken to the main Navigation page. From here, you can access all of the features of Portainer.
How to login to Portainer?
If you are new to Portainer, or just need help logging in, follow these instructions.
- Launch Portainer and click on the login link in the top left corner.
- Enter your credentials and click on the login button.
- If you are logged in, you will see the home page of Portainer.
- If you are not logged in, click on the sign up link in the top right corner and enter your details to create a new account.
How to change your default login?
If you want to login to your Portainer instances using a different account than the one that is set as the default, you can do so by following these simple steps:
- Log in to the web interface of your Portainer instance.
- Click on the “Settings” link on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Under “User Accounts,” click on the name of the account that you would like to use as your default login.
- Enter your credentials for this account in the “Account Name” and “Password” fields, and then click on the “Save Settings” button.
If you are looking for an easy way to login to your Portainer account, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Portainer app on your device.
- Click on the “Login” button in the top-right corner of the app screen.
- Enter your username and password (username is ‘admin’ and password is ‘password’) into the respective fields and click “Login”. You will now be logged in to your account!
Leave a Reply