Due to possessing a variety of useful features for businesses, 1and1 webmail is widely used worldwide by more than 14 million people. However, many users wonder whether they can create a 1&1 IONOS themselves on their smartphones, especially Android devices?
If you have the same question, read the following article because it will provide you with detailed information on setup 1and1 webmail on Android. Let’s begin!
How To Setup 1and1 Webmail On Android?
Maybe you don’t know that 1and1 webmail (also called 1&1 IONOS or 1&1 Internet) provides you with various features like webmail services or web hosting. It comes along with other benefits like WordPress hosting, cloud hosting, access to personalized services, or an online store.
Because of mentioned advantages, it is widely used and popular worldwide, especially for businesses. Can you create your own 1&1 IONOS on Android devices? Definitely yes.
To make your task easier, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions to create a 1&1 webmail account on your Android smartphone. Let’s scroll down and follow these steps!
Before accessing a 1&1 webmail, you should note that menu items may insignificantly vary depending on your Android models. However, this does not affect the general setup process.
- #Step 1: Launch your Android smartphone. Move to the Home menu of your device.
- #Step 2: Detect Settings icon app, then tap on it.
- #Step 3: Let’s scroll down to find the Accounts option. Tap on this section.
Find and click on the Accounts option
- #Step 4: Under the Accounts header, select Add account, as illustrated below.
- #Step 5: In the new screen, you will see two email icons with two names, including Personal (IMAP) and Personal (POP3). Let’s choose the Personal (IMAP) option.
- #Step 6: You are required to fill in your email address. After finishing entering your username, tap on the Next button.
- #Step 7: Now, you have to type the password for your email account. Later on, click on the Next button.
type the password for your email account
- #Step 8: It’s time for you to write down “imap.ionos.com” under the Server heading. If done, click on the Next option.
- #Step 9: You need to enter detailed information of your username and password for your 1&1 IONOS webmail.
#Step 10: Type necessary data for your webmail under the Incoming Server Settings title.
- Username: Write your email address (your username)
- Password: Enter the password of your webmail account
- IMAP server: Type “imap.ionos.com”
- Security type: SSL (you should make sure that SSL encryption is valid for the Incoming Mail Server Settings.)
- Port: 993
If you’ve completed, tap on the Next option.
Type information for the Incoming Server Settings title
#Step 11: Move to the Outgoing Server Settings field. You are required to complete the following information.
- Outgoing Server: Type “smtp.ionos.com”
- Server Port: 587
- Server Type: TLS (You need to make sure TLS encryption is valid for the Outgoing Mail Server Settings.)
After that, click on the Next button.
Type information for the Outgoing Server Settings field
#Step 12: Under the Account options header, let’s tick on any choices you want and then tap on the Next option. It is recommended that you should verify all the options, and your 1&1 webmail will be automatically checked every 15 minutes.
#Step 13: If you want to replace the Default Account Name with your name, it is completely feasible. This setting will distinguish your webmail account from other different email accounts on your smartphone. Besides, your name will be attached to every message you send to others. Finally, click on the Next option to end the setup procedure.
Replace the Default Account Name with your name
After creating your own 1and1 webmail account, you can log in to other Android devices to send and receive mail immediately.
The Bottom Line
All recommendations are about setup 1and1 webmail on Android. Now, your question is completely solved with our step-by-step instructions. You may feel that these settings are quite lengthy, but they are understandable and easy to follow.
Hopefully, with our instructions, you can create your own 1and1 webmail on your Android smartphone. Thanks for reading, and see you in the next post!
Leave a Reply